- The new Copy/Click feature: copy any color code from any site, community, online tool or software program, and click LoneColor to see it instantly fill your screen.
- Improved support for Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- A brand new icon.
- The solid color Desktop wallpapers are now changed even faster.
- A new "C" parameter was added, and it automatically opens Control Panel to help you restore any previous photo wallpaper.
- The random colors are now generated using a a cryptographically strong sequence of random numbers.
- In Windows 8.1 the color wallpaper set by LoneColor can also be the background of the Start screen.
Added an installer program. LoneColor users have now 3 choices: run the app directly, download the portable edition, or install it as a regular Windows program.
New and improved app icon: the new icon makes it easier to quickly find and run LoneColor from your Desktop or Taskbar.
Added a portable edition. LoneColor users have now 2 choices: run the app directly, or download and use the portable edition.
Ensured compatibility with Windows 8.
First public release.